The Maxtrax Core Shackle is designed to be at the core of two interacting Maxtrax Products. The Core Shackle is designed for use with the Maxtrax WINCH RING 120. The Maxtrax Core Shackle has been designed and tested as part of the Maxtrax Recovery System. The Maxtrax Recovery System is comprised solely of Maxtrax products and has not been tested with any third party branded products. Critically, if the Maxtrax Recovery System is overloaded the Maxtrax Fuse Shackle is designed to be the weakest link, and the expected point of failure. Accordingly, you must use a Maxtrax Fuse Shackle in the Maxtrax Recovery System during any vehicle recovery. Only use rated recovery points when connecting the Maxtrax Fuse Shackle or Maxtrax Core Shackle to a vehicle.
- Visually inspect the Maxtrax Core Shackle to ensure it is undamaged and in a safe and usable condition.
- Prepare the Maxtrax Core Shackle by loosening and opening the loop sufficiently to allow it to slide over the knot.
- Slide the loop over the knot.
- Feed the loop of the Maxtrax Core Shackle through the Maxtrax Hitch, Maxtrax Kinetic Rope, Maxtrax Static Rope, Maxtrax Winch Rope, Maxtrax Winch Ring or the vehicle’s rated recovery point.
- Slide the loop back over the knot or push the knot through the loop and pull both sides of the Maxtrax Core Shackle to tighten the loop, positioning the knot so that the loop pulls at 90 Degrees next to the knot.
- Place the Maxtrax Recovery Dampener over the Maxtrax Kinetic Rope or Maxtrax Winch Rope and attach to loop or Shackle.
- Using Maxtrax 4WD Recovery Tracks to provide a ramp will greatly reduce the forces and loads on all equipment during the recovery.
- Clear the area of bystanders and spectators.
- Commence the recovery by gently taking up the slack in the system.
- If the recovery is initially unsuccessful, try again with slightly more momentum.
- Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene and Polyester
- Weight: 180g
- Length: 550mm
- MBS: 14000 kg/30864 lb
Care & maintenance
The various components of the Maxtrax Recovery System are of high quality, but due to the very nature of their potential use, or misuse, they are susceptible to severe wear and tear, and to damage such as nicks, cuts, tears, fraying, burns and abrasion. Always carefully inspect Maxtrax Recovery System components before each use for wear and tear, cuts, nicks, abraded, burned, melted and frayed areas. Do not use the product if it is damaged, cut, frayed, burned, melted, abraded or partially unwound OR does not have a clearly legible warning label fitted. To help prolong the life of your Maxtrax Recovery System components, they should be washed off, rinsed with clean fresh water and air dried at the earliest opportunity after use. To protect from external environmental weather factors, components should be stored inside the Maxtrax Recovery Kit Bag. Replacement protective sheaths are available from our website.
It is recommended that the minimum breaking strength of the strap should be between 2 and 3 times the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of any vehicle it is used with. It is advised that the strap must be suited to the gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process.