Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.trailnomad.be.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Certain personal data must be explicitly communicated, such as for the use of some parts of the website or our services. These data are considered to have been provided to us voluntarily by you. Depending on the service used, this may include the following categories of personal data:
- Name, first name, title, gender, date of birth, language preference or age.
- Postal address, zip code, city, email address, telephone number, cell phone or mobile number
- Bank account number
- Professional data (profession, position, …)
- Answers to requests for feedback on our products and / or services in the context of satisfaction or market surveys.
As required by law, we do not process sensitive information such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, sexual preferences and health. You guarantee that the information you provide is correct and complete.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell or transfer personal data to third parties or commercial partners unless:
- The transfer of your data is necessary for our services: for some aspects of our services, we work together with third parties or we engage subcontractors. The transfer of your data only takes place for the same purposes as with Trail Nomad itself. We ensure that these third parties, like us, manage your data securely, respectfully and with due diligence.
- Your data will not be passed on to third parties to send you advertising.
- There is a legal obligation to transfer data or at the request of judicial authorities or police services.
- You give us permission to do so.
- If Trail Nomad were to pass on personal data to third parties in a manner other than those stated above, this will be done with an explicit communication, in which you are explained about the third party, the purposes of the transfer and the processing. Where required by law, we obtain your explicit consent. You also always have the option to object.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Trail Nomad, Doorniksesteenweg 344 te 8582 Outrijve.
How we protect your data