When packed, the new ARB Flinders rooftop tent has a lower profile by 100 millimetres in comparison to ARB’s current and popular ARB Simpson rooftop tent. A lower packed height means less wind drag and less overall height to your vehicle. The removable ladder means you can chose to either keep the ladder on the roof or stow it away elsewhere when touring or during the day-to-day. Without the ladder affixed, the overall height of the tent when packed is just 200 millimetres. The ladder adds an additional 100 millimetres. The overall compact size of the ARB Flinders tent when packed down allows for improved aerodynamics as well as improved access to low roof areas and tracks with low canopies. The compact nature of the tent when packed up also reduces the stowage of large/thick sleeping gear when the tent is packed down.
The revolutionary design of the PVC cover has some new and handy features including a pullover clip lock similar to a traditional ute tonneau cover as well as a sturdy zip. The PVC cover also remains permanently attached during set-up, which improves set-up and pack-down time while also saving the bother of storing the cover and reducing the chances of you getting dirty.
Despite the space saving when the ARB Flinders rooftop tent is packed down, when it’s time to pop the top, you will enjoy a larger overall internal space over the Simpson rooftop tent. Set-up is a breeze; after releasing the cover and leveraging open the tent with the ladder, all the internal poles sequentially fan out into place. It is then as simple as sliding the extendable poles into their final position. The curved roof poles provide improved head height and also the removal of flat surfaces that can occur with the use of straight poles. This prevents water from pooling and provides an improved curve on the roof for water runoff, reducing potential damage from water. The bed space is 2,400 millimetres long by 1,400 millimetres wide with a maximum head space of 1,200 millimetres in the centre.
Occupants will enjoy a total of five zipper windows, including an ARB SkyDome Swag-like stargazing window on the roof. Each window features a dual, solid and midge-proof mesh screen. Both side windows and the tent entrance are equipped with rain and sun awning shelters that require no ropes or ground poles. The head-end and roof windows feature roll-up solid screens, which can be accessed from inside the tent when set up.
Additionally, a specially designed vent is incorporated to ensure maximum airflow and reduced condensation.
The ARB Flinders rooftop tent is equipped with an internal light and USB charging port that can be easily connected to your vehicle’s 12-volt outlet.
Packing up is made easy with two internal bungee lines that help pull the sides of the tent in as you fold it down to keep the wall materials away from the moving parts for a hassle-free and more compact closure.
Mounting a rooftop tent on a vehicle simply requires either a compatible roof rack without side guardrails in the area the rooftop tent sits or a simple set of cross bars. ARB has a range of solutions available for mounting a rooftop tent including the ARB BASE Rack (coming soon), the ARB Classic Tubular Roof Rack, most Thule or Rhino-Rack roof bars and more.
- Mattress: 50mm | 1.96” chip foam mattress with a polycotton cover
- Outer: 300gsm ripstop canvas
- Cover: Heavy-duty PVC 1000D
- Base: Aluminium frame with ABS laminated base
- Packed Dimensions: 1,400mm | 55.12” (L) x 1,200mm | 47.24” (W) x 200mm | 7.87” (H), 300mm | 11.81” (H with ladder)
- Open Dimensions: 1,400mm | 55.12” (L) x 2,200mm | 86.61” (W) x 1,400mm | 55.12” (H)
- Ladder: Rated to 120kg
- Weight: 56kg | 123.46lbs
- Set up and pack down is simplified thanks to the zipped cover which does not have to be removed.
- Setting up is as simple as unzipping the cover, opening out the tent using the ladder and sliding the extendable poles into position – all internal poles will intuitively fan out into place!
- Packing down is easy via 2 internal bungee lines to help pull the sides of the tent in as it folds down.
- The lower packed height of 200mm (without ladder affixed)results in reduced wind drag and adds less overall height to the vehicle.
- Compact size allows for improved aerodynamics as well as improved access to low roof areas and tracks with low canopies.
- Removable ladder.
- When set-up, enjoy a large overall internal bed space: 2400mm(L) x 1400mm (W) x 1,200mm (H at centre).
- Manage airflow via the 5 zippered windows featuring dual midge-proof mesh screen.
- Rain and sun awning shelters to side windows and entrance.
- Integrated vent ensures maximum airflow and reduced condensation.
- Includes comfy 50mm high-density foam mattress with bedding retention straps.
- Features an LED touch lamp and 2 x USB charging points that can connect to a vehicle’s 12V outlet.
- Includes 4 storage pockets, shoe pockets, pack down bungee cords, 5m lighting cable extension, mounting kit and hardware.