The ARB Intensity Solis provides a whole new level to the ARB Intensity range of driving lights and bars. Introducing digital dimming control and providing a massive 1 lux @ 1,032m for an individual spot beam via the 30 x 4W combined with 6 x 10W high output OSRAM LEDS provides a smooth driving beam.
– Revolutionary update of the Intensity light
– New colour design and shape
– New inter-changable bezels
– Superior grade LEDs and electronics
– Digital dimming control
– Unique ARB engineered reflectors
– Input – 10 – 30V
– Power – 165W
– Current draw – 12.4A @132.V
– Output – raw – 18,178 lumens
– Output – effective – 8,333lumens
– 1 Lux reading – 729m
– Spread – 11 degrees
– Input cable length – 450mm
– Operating temperature – -40C to +65*C
– Colour temperature – 5,700 Kelvin
– Weight – 3.3kg
– Connector – 4-pin AT waterproof plug
– Dimensions (W x H x D) – 225 x 220 x 120mm
High Pressure Die Cast Aluminium Bracket & Housing
– Scalloped back more bar fitment possible
– Improved heatsink and UV stabilization
– Adjustable bracket
– Pressure tested breather
– Various mounting options
– Vertical & horizontal mounting
– Simplified fitting
– Torx security fasteners
Solis – Touchpad
– Silicone touch pad
– Intuitive feel touch – no eyes off the road
– Simple 3 button control
– Easy fitment
– Cable can be directed at back or out bottom
– Percentage changes – 5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
– Silicone sleeved for durability and protection
– 58mm (L) x 10mm (D) x 25mm
Compatible With Linx
The touchpad is required to operate the ARB Intensity Solis lights if no LINX system is connected.
Solis can be fully integrated into LINX. The customer will need to purchase a patch lead that is simple to install + set up the new light and its features within the LINX system. Features include custom pre-sets, infinite dimming control, courtesy light feature and dedicated Solis icons and function.
Whats In The Package?
– Extra (black) bezels
– User guide
– 30 x 4W OSRAM high output LEDS
– 6 x 10W OSRAM high output LEDS
– Total of 36 LEDs
– High pressure die-cast housing with improved heat-sink and UV stabilization
– High pressure die-cast bracket with pinning holes
– Integrated ARB thermal management
– In-built digital dimming LED driver control
– Unique ARB engineered spot & flood reflectors
– 4-pin high amperage waterproof connectors
– 50K lifespan
– Clean and crisp light with a refined colour temperature
– Pressure tested breather
– Reverse polarity
– Mil spec vibration
– Over & under voltage
– Compatible with LINX
– Protected against RFI/EMC interference
– RoHS, CE & ECE R10 compliant
– Security TORX hardware included
Solis Led Driving Lights
Filled with features, Intensity Solis driving lights are available in a Spot or Flood beam which come with interchangeable red and black die-cast side bezels. New to the Intensity range is the Solis 5-stage dimmability function, while the introduction of a highly tuned single-piece reflector and 165 watts of OSRAM LED performance bring it to the top of the class in light output.
Not just a remarkable performer, Intensity Solis driving lights represent a value proposition that is worth considering if youre looking to add some additional driving lights to your vehicle.
Spot, Flood Or A Combination?
How you set up your driving lights should reflect the type of driving and terrain you are driving in.
In areas of wide open land and fast roads a set-up of two spot lights will give you the best throw of light reaching as far down those long straight roads as possible. For drivers who are predominantly driving on lots of winding roads a set-up of two flood lights will fill the foreground, giving you great visibility to the side of the roads.
For most drivers, however, the combination of one spot (drivers side) and one flood provides the best of both worlds. The single spot throws a strong direct beam down the road over 1km, while the flood beam fills the foreground and roadside what is often considered the optimal driving light pattern and output.
Light Output & Dimmability
The combination of 6 x 10 watt and 30 x 4 watt performance OSRAM LEDs with a highly tuned reflector design has brought the Intensity Solis to the top of the class in light output.
Measured as a pair of spot beams, the Solis boasts 1 lux @ 1462 metres. Individually, a single flood beam will achieve 1 lux @ 729 metres while one spot beam has an impressive 1032 metres throw.
Lights this bright need some level of containment, which is why Intensity Solis lights are sold standard with a 5-stage dimmability switch.
While the Solis light output figures are impressive, what the light really offers the driver is so much greater!
The ultimate goal when designing a driving light is to get two light patterns, one spot and one flood, that offer light where you actually need it. To be most effective, a driving light needs to light the areas of the road and surrounds that match the terrain and driving style. Your driving lights need to be effective either as a matching pair (of spots or floods) or as a combination (one spot and one flood). Creating a light pattern that shines the furthest doesnt always mean the light is useable let alone optimal.
Squatting Design Strength
The squat shape of the new light better suits bull bar pan mounting and helps with lowering the centre of gravity of the lights, making them more stable with less oscillation and vibrating which puts less stress on light and bull bar mounting components (including tabs where applicable).
The Solis light is mounted in an all black, vertical-pivoting adjustable, cast aluminium cradle.